In person programs are returning to City of Asylum, and we can’t wait to welcome you back. This summer, we’re thrilled to host a full season of cultural events and activities at the Sampsonia Way tent! We are expanding our tent programming to bring you a full summer of events and activities. Beginning in June, City of Asylum will be hosting weekly events under our tent right here on Sampsonia Way. Get ready for a summer jam-packed with concerts, readings, films, and more. There is sure to be something for everyone! What is the Sampsonia Way tent? The tent is a pop-up venue located at @ 318 Sampsonia Way. It’s a few blocks from our venue, Alphabet City, and is located on the alley with our writer residency houses and our House Publications.
Registration is required. At this time, to ensure we maintain capacity and keep our audiences, staff, and artists safe, we are unable to accommodate walk ups without reservations.
Safety Guidelines for Outdoor Events as of June 1, 2021
- Audience in the tent is 50% of total tent capacity. Chairs will be set up with distance, but not a full 6 feet.
- The tent is covered but open on 3 sides to maximize airflow.
- Staff, volunteers, and artists will all be vaccinated. They will also wear masks while at the Sampsonia Way tent (except while on stage).
- City of Asylum will not be verifying proof of vaccination for audience members. We ask that audience members to comply with the CDC requirements for masks:
- Unvaccinated audience members should wear masks. Disposable masks will be available.
- Vaccinated audience members can choose to wear or forego their masks.
- Food and drink are not permitted at any point.
- Registration is required (see calendar link above).
What if I’m wary to come in person? What if I don’t live in Pittsburgh? No problem! All programs in the Sampsonia Way tent will be live-streamed through our virtual programming channel City of Asylum @ Home.
- Is there parking available?
- Yes, the tent is located at 318 Sampsonia Way and there is street parking in the blocks surrounding Sampsonia Way.
- Is this tent accessible?
- Yes. There are 2 handicapped spots next to the tent, a wheelchair ramp, and accessible Portalets. You’re invited to tell us about additional accommodations by emailing email@example.com.
- Are food and drink permitted?
- No at this time food and drink are not permitted in the tent.
- Are there restrooms available?
- Yes there is 1 accessible Portalet on site.
- What if it rains?
- Events are rain or shine. Remember you can always choose to watch from home via our streaming platform City of Asylum @ Home.